Donate to Wildlife Research Team
Please Become a Sponsor of Wildlife Research Team!
Why do people donate to charity?
- It's an investment in their community; and in WRT's case, an investment in the conservation of our natural world.
- This is often the only way for some good folks to be able to make a difference. They are not personally able to get out in our canoes but their donations power our paddlers!
- It's a tax deduction, because the U.S.A. encourages philanthropy.
- It's good business! Sponsors are essentially advertisers, but are viewed by the public in a kindlier light. There is less self-interest: sponsors are the good guys, helping out the little guys.
- It even makes you happier and healthier! Reaching out to others in need is known to improve your emotional health.
For larger donations or if your business wants to become one of the good guys by sponsoring us, please contact us.
The people and wildlife of Florida thank you for your generosity!
To Thank You for Your Donation
For a limited time, make a donation of $50 and up and as a token of our appreciation, we will send you a copy of Dr. Tom Kazo's photograph, "Your Own Special Island" matted to fit into a 8" x 10" frame.
For your donation of $200 and up, we invite you to choose an item from either our CafePress or Zazzle print-on-demand shops as a way of thanking you for your support. Just let us know your choice and we will order it for you and send it to you as soon as we receive it. As some of these items come in more than one size or color, we'll need to know that as well.
At this time, our CafePress shop has a much wider selection of merchandise than our Zazzle shop: t-shirts for everyone in the family (including your dog!), mugs, tote bags, even a wall clock. Both companies pride themselves on the quality of their merchandise.
Please contact Donna Kazo to make your donation and we thank you in advance for supporting our mission!
As defined by our founders Dr. Tom Kazo and Donna McVicar Kazo, membership in WRT is earned after 20 hours of volunteer service with the Team. That's a lifetime membership. Unlike other organizations, WRT does not charge annual dues. Like other nonprofits, however, we need donations and sponsors so we can keep paddling.
Your support is critical to our mission. Every donation is appreciated and will be put to good use, no matter how small!
For under $10, your donation can supply us with:
- A set of two straps to tie down a canoe on a trailer
- foam brushes and rollers to paint canoes and/or trailers
- sanding discs for our random orbit sanders
- dust masks
- hardware fasteners such as bolts, screws, nuts, washers
- volunteer refreshment, including water, ice, sodas, snacks, sunblock, adhesive bandages
- a box of 100 nitrile gloves
- small hand nets to use on cleanups
- cushions that will fit on canoe seats
Your donation of $10-$35 can supply us with:
- for about $25, a lighting rig for one of our three trailers (all three need new wiring and lights)
- A pint of 1-Shot Lettering Enamel, about $25, to paint our name on our canoes.
- Refurbishment of one of our four random orbit sanders which get a lot of use
- For about $32, renewal of registration for one of our three trailers.
- Primer and paint for our trailers, which are wood and metal
- For about $35, a single sheet of plywood to rebuild the deck of our largest trailer; 4 sheets are needed.
- 2 by 4s, mostly 12-foot long to support canoes in the two smaller trailers, and shorter ones for the largest trailer's deck
- boat hooks, used on cleanups
- for about $28, one quart of top-quality marine grey primer; about 10 quarts needed to repaint the outer and inner hulls of our 12 most-used canoes.
Your donation of $35-75 can supply us with:
- for about $38, one quart of black top-quality marine paint containing Teflon; about 8 quarts needed to paint our 12 most-used canoes
- for about $55, 3 pounds of top-quality black resin epoxy to fill in the scratches and dents on the hulls of the canoes
- for about $45, one large heavy-duty tarp to cover our canoes which are tied onto the trailers at the WRT shop. Two are needed.
- For $55-70 each, two new wheels for our smallest trailer
- We still need our own tow vehicle!
If you wish to make a donation by check, please make it out to Wildlife Research Team, Inc and mail to the second address on our Contact Page (Donna Kazo).